I think it is always good to know a little about the person, so this is the interesting stuff and a few facts about me:
- In 1989, I resigned from my job and went to work in Rhodes, Greece for the Summer Season and in 1990, I headed to Australia on my own where I stayed for a year, working and travelling and continued backpacking for another 2½ years mainly around SE Asia and New Zealand visiting 16 countries. This gave me a passion for travel and to-date I have visited 100 countries and all 7 continents, Antarctica and South Georgia remain my favourites.
- I started my HR career in 2000 when I joined a start up company and then founded JT HRConsultancy in 2014
- In 2009 I gave up my career to be a holiday rep (on the bucket list and had to do it). I worked in Egypt, Spain and Cape Verde and spent 7 weeks on a ship sailing up and down the Rhine and Moselle.
- I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie and have bungee jumped and skydived in NZ, paraglided in Bolivia, parasailed in Rio, dived the Great Barrier Reef, abseiled in Argentina, flown a Tiger Moth to name a few of my favourites.
- I have a cat named Chablis and she did have a brother called Merlot (so yes, I like wine) and have known my best friend all my life, we grew up together and meet up every week for a walk and coffee.